Building Information

If a dispute arises, what is the resolution procedure?

The Owners Corporation Act 2006 sets out a process to help the owners’ corporation deal with grievances. This process has three tiers:
– Internal dispute resolution within the owners’ corporation via the appointed grievance committee
– Conciliation through Consumer Affairs Victoria
– Application to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

Does an owners’ corporation require a committee?

The Owners Corporations Act 2006 requires an owners corporation and representative committee when there are 13 or more lots within the one property. A committee is elected and formed at each annual general meeting. Owners corporations with less than this number may elect a committee if they choose, but it is not mandatory.

The committee is able to make general decisions that require an ordinary resolution, such as general maintenance or administration matters. Larger decisions such as proposals for additions or amendments to rules, raising of levies or major works to be carried out, must be decided at a general meeting.

How are the Lot Entitlements and Lot Liabilities determined?

The lot entitlements and liabilities are set out in the plan of subdivision. These entitlements and liabilities are determined by the developer and surveyor at the time of subdivision. The owners corporation is often consulted but more usually advised after the developer has set the entitlements and liabilities

Our apartment block has a ‘body corporate’. Is this different from an ‘owners corporation’?

Essentially they are the same. From the commencement of the New Owners Corporation Act of 2006, the terminology ‘Body Corporate’ was replaced with ‘Owners Corporation’.
An owners corporation is a body corporate which is incorporated by registration of a plan of subdivision or a plan of strata cluster subdivision.

How can I book a ‘move-in’ or ‘move out’?

Each building has its own process to follow on moving day. Please email with your moving day(s) and time required and we will assist you with the infromation required in order to book your move in.

My building has a car-stacker. Is there an induction process I need to undertake prior to using it?

Every resident or guest planning to use a car stacker MUST first complete a car stacker induction. Please email with your property address and we will send you all the information you need to book in your stacker induction.

Does my building have a Building Manager?

Each building is different however many do not have an onsite manager. Tideways is not the building manager however we will be able to provide you with the relevant details. Please email

How do I book a building facility (meeting room, theatre room, pool/spa etc)?

If your building has shared common amenities available for bookings, you can generally find all relevant booking information by registering an account at at If MIMOR does not seem to have the information you are looking for, or you are unable to find your building in MIMOR, please send us an email at or feel free to give us a call on (03) 9534 4614 and one of our friendly staff will assist you.


Our highest priority is our clients.
We work with you, for you

CONTACT US TODAY!NT5yUeBU&kC*0kJHr9XIs^fpH6Y)^1(!PwRf7l6bg*(KUz#3XPDO2YJm